Submit your soothing photos
Anyone aged 12 years or over is eligible to take part in our study. To participate, simply submit your soothing photo below along with a brief description of how this photo makes you feel soothed. There is no limit to the number of photos that you can submit, so please feel free to submit as many as you wish. Every photo submitted has the potential to help someone in the future. Thank you for your support!
Before you decide whether to take part there are a few things you should know:
- Taking part in this research is completely voluntary;
- Your photograph(s) may be used in future relevant therapy, research, and other health and wellbeing projects and innovations;
- It is your responsibility to only submit photographs that you hold the copyright for, and you will be asked to confirm that you are the sole intellectual property owner when you submit. By submitting your photos, you license the use of your photos to Project Soothe*;
- Both your photo and your comments about why you find your photo soothing may be made available for public view. However, please be assured that we will not disclose your name or contact information;
- We reserve the right to edit comments or not publish any photos deemed unsuitable for public viewing or that include children and young people. If you are submitting photos that contain people, it is your responsibility to ask their permission for you to do so;
- We cannot guarantee to display your photo in our online public gallery, but please be assured that your photo will be included in our main database and will make an important contribution to research and psychotherapy in the future;
- We will ask you for consent when you submit your photo and comments but will not ask you for your consent again in the future for use in relevant therapy and research.
- If you are under 16 years, you will need to confirm that you have asked your parent or guardian if you can take part.
*If you think your copyright has been infringed (e.g., a photograph has been submitted that you hold the copyright for), please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove the photograph from our image bank. It is the responsibility of the participants to upload photographs of which they are the sole owner of the intellectual property.
Further research opportunities
Before deciding if you want to take part, please read this document.Download
The effects of viewing soothing images on the mood and wellbeing of Autistic and Neurotypical adults
The University of Reading is seeking to recruit participants, specifically autistic adults, for a master’s dissertation research project. Details of […]
Are you interested in being soothed by some images?
The University of Exeter are looking for participants age 16 years and older to take part in an online study. […]
Tell us about the music you find soothing
We are recruiting adult participants for a research study. We aim to find out more about music that people find […]
Soothing images and how they relate to individual traits and symptoms
We are looked for participants aged 18 years + to take part in our online study.
Find out more about how to submit your soothing photos and help us learn more about the everyday experience of self-soothe.